Monday, January 7, 2008

Things I Have Already Learned Today

I have been awake for a little under an hour, and I have already learned several things.

Firstly, the sun does not really rise in York until about 9am. It was still quite dim when I woke up at 8:30. In some ways I like this - it makes me feel like I am missing less of the day. Of course, it also is well on its way to being dark at 3pm.

Secondly, the machine that dispenses boiling water on command is all I could've hoped for.

Thirdly, my dorm kitchen does not have a stove or oven. I somehow managed to not notice this yesterday. But it does have a microwave and a rather large toaster, so all is well. I need to buy bread.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What are sunsets like?

Sarah said...

Not as impressive as Wesleyan ones, but pretty - when it's not cloudy. There wasn't really a sunset yesterday.