Thursday, January 3, 2008

Pre-Departure

It is 5:00 am on Thursday, Jan 3rd, 2008. In about 4 hours I am beginning my voyage to England... and I'm still awake. Packing lasted until almost 3am (I never pack until the very, very last minute), and then it was time to store as much of my music collection as I could consider sane on mp3 CDs to take with me - because my lovely external hard drive, Exy, and all the joys it contains will not be voyaging with me.

It is too late at night. I keep misspelling voyage.

Tomorrow there will be a two-hour drive to Charlotte, then an hour-or-so flight to Newark, then many, many hours of layover. My flight for London leaves after 9pm. It shall be a trek. But I am looking forward to being in London, seeing my friend Zach, doing orientation - and lugging my luggage all over the place. One backpacking pack, stuffed full, my largest (luckily rolling) suitcase, and a big carry on. It sounds like a lot, but for me, this is nothing. It's the same amount of stuff I took to France when I lived there for a month in high school - and then I wasn't packing winterwear.

My last CD is burned. I am going to bed.

And so ends my first "blog" entry. Hooray?

No comments: