Friday, February 1, 2008

Far too much to write about

I've just finished the first draft of my first York essay... which isn't for a grade, which is both different, and relieving.

It has obviously been far too long since I've updated here. I was away last weekend, so... it just didn't happen. And I have far too much to write about, so I can't do it now. I need to go to bed then get up early and finish my essay.
But last night I did make a list of things I mean to write about, so consider this both a mini-update and a teaser until I get a chance to do a real one... or several of them.

- Going into York every day but one last week, and twice on one day (and you wonder why I didn't blog!). Open mic, the most amazing moon, pub-going, trying to club.
- Betty's Tea Room, and what made me say "This is the best thing I've ever put in my mouth!"
- Family visit last weekend! Art! Family! Food food food! The Anglican church! The fanciest pub... ever!
- York Minster. Upstairs, downstairs, all over.
- Bird activity: duck mating, swans.

I took 160 pictures in the Minster, but a lot of those were duplicates. I've just uploaded about 85 of them to my Picasa. The space is remarkably beautiful - the pictures are worth a look, I hope.
I've also upload photos of fish, my endless Doctor Who dorkiness, a nicely-placed rainbow, and my host family. Hooray!

No comments: